EarthWater cares about public health and disease prevention. For this reason, we are proud to endorse the American Diabetes Association’s TOUR de CURE. The purpose of this campaign is to raise money for diabetes research by holding events in more than 40 States around the United States, where you can walk, run, or bike designated routes for this important cause.
Here are some facts from the ADA:
- Diabetes affects 1 in 11 Americans.
- 90% of Prediabetics don’t know they have it.
- The total cost of diabetes and prediabetes in the U.S. is $322 billion.
- People with diabetes have health care costs 2.3x greater than those without diabetes.
- The average price of insulin increased nearly 3x between 2002 and 2013.
- People with diabetes are at higher risk of serious health complications, including:
- Kidney Disease
- Hearth Disease
- Loss of Toes, Feet, or Legs
Ways You Can Help
-LIVE IN THE DALLAS AREA? WALK WITH US ON 10/20/2018 REGISTER HERE
-DON’T LIVE IN THE DALLAS AREA BUT STILL WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE? FIND A RACE IN YOUR AREA. WE’LL SPONSOR YOU. TOUR LOCATIONS AND DATES
–DONATE TO OUR GOAL THIS YEAR OF $10,000 DONATE HERE